From Eldorado Park to Vogue magazine – a South African model is making waves | Drum – News24 - Africa Matters

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, March 25, 2021

From Eldorado Park to Vogue magazine – a South African model is making waves | Drum – News24

Aphile Didie was insecure about his looks as a child but now he’s wowing Europe’s top modelling agencies.

Aphile Didie was insecure about his looks as a child but now he’s wowing Europe’s top modelling agencies.

Ugly, alien,
weird – just a few of the names Aphile Didie was called growing up.

He was often
teased by other kids and was very insecure about his looks, he tells Drum. He
felt he was too tall, his ears too pointy, and he felt different to other kids.

“Growing up, I
never felt represented on mainstream media. I always looked at myself as
different. I grew up in a predominantly coloured neighbourhood and everyone
around me was lighter, and I felt like the black sheep. That made me insecure.”

Subscribe to News24 and get access to our exclusive journalism and features today.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3rnuQ6p
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad